Thousands of people living in Southern Nevada are facing possible eviction after the eviction moratorium expires.
The Southern Nevada Prevention Program has been established to help lower-income families who are facing eviction. Officials say the program is meant to help qualifying households by paying up to 12 months of back rent and providing legal advice and mediation between tenants and landlords.
- A tenant who receives an eviction notice should promptly file a response with the local Justice Court identified on the notice and select mediation in their response.
- Responses may be filed online or via email with some courts.
- Tenants may also file responses in person at court or at one of several community outreach events Legal Aid Center will host next month.
- Tenants who need assistance with their response, or other steps in the process should contact Legal Aid Center at (702) 386-1070.
- As with other CHAP applicants, tenants facing eviction will be required to provide financial and other documentation and fall under strict income limits.
- Household of four must have made less than $60,000 in 2020 to qualify for existence.
ADDITIONAL GUIDANCE & HELP
- Eviction process flowchart
- What you need to do right now if facing eviction
- How to respond to eviction process online
- Clark County's Housing & Eviction Information
- Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada
May 25: Las Vegas courts prepare for surge in eviction cases as moratorium ends May 31
May 24: Free money for Nevada renters impacted by pandemic
May 20: Las Vegas, Clark County leaders share update on available eviction assistance program
April 27: Nevada panel to address housing rights, resources ahead of eviction moratorium expiration
March 31: Vegas-area attorney worries about wave of evictions after moratorium ends
March 30: Gov. Steve Sisolak extends Nevada’s eviction moratorium for 2 months
March 29: Federal eviction moratorium extension causing concern for landlords in Nevada
March 22: Tenants, landlords still waiting for rental assistance as eviction moratorium looms
Dec. 23: Eviction moratorium and rental assistance discussed during town hall
Dec. 15: WATCH Q&A: Legal Aid Center answers questions on CDC, Nevada eviction moratoriums