LAS VEGAS (KTNV) — A suspect has been arrested in connection to a man who was reportedly found beaten to death.
Detectives with the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department identified 47-year-old Marby Cunningham as a suspect and arrested her.
The arrest stems from an event we first told you about last week that happened in the 900 block of Brush Street.
Around 11:30 a.m. on Feb. 10, Around 11:30 a.m., police learned of an unresponsive man found in an apartment in the area. Upon their arrival, Metro determined that the victim had sustained blunt force injuries. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The victim, 77-year-old Richard Smith, was discovered during a welfare check, Channel 13 learned through recently obtained police documents. Smith's family reportedly had not had any contact with him over the past couple of days. When security personnel entered Smith's apartment, he was sitting in a chair with severe head trauma.
Cunningham is held at the Clark County jail on a charge of open murder with a deadly weapon.
-
Football coach arrested after investigation into lewd acts with minor children
The Boulder City Police Department says a three-month investigation led to the arrest of 46-year-old Frank Mariani, a former football coach at Boulder City High School.
Jury deliberates 6 hours without verdict in Chasing Horse sex crimes trial
After a full day of deliberations, a Clark County jury has yet to reach a verdict in the trial of Nathan Chasing Horse.
Report: Fatal shooting near downtown came after one suspect had sex with victim
We are learning new details about what led up to a shooting in downtown Las Vegas that left a man dead after Channel 13 obtained the arrest report for one of the suspects.
Arrest report sheds more light on Canosa Avenue fatal stabbing
The Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department has shared the arrest report for Jose Galan-Preval, the suspect in a fatal stabbing on Canosa Avenue.