HENDERSON (AP) — Las Vegas Raiders right guard Jackson Powers-Johnson left practice early Monday and was escorted by a trainer into the team facility.
The club provided no update on his status.
Powers-Johnson has been in a competition at right guard with Caleb Rogers. Though the players have rotated some on the first team, Powers-Johnson started in Thursday night's 27-14 preseason loss to Arizona and received the vast majority of first-string repetitions in practice Sunday.
When asked Sunday, however, if Powers-Johnson was solidifying the position, coach Klint Kubiak simply said, “No.”
This is a big season for Powers-Johnson, who was drafted in the second round in 2024 out of Oregon. He has been hampered by injuries and inconsistency but has appeared focused this training camp and even removed himself from social media.
“I’m just working,” Powers-Johnson said earlier this month. "I’m trying to get better every day. We are trying to get better every day. It’s not about what I do or what I put out there. It’s about what we do. It’s not one person. It’s a whole team.
Raiders hope to address problems in Houston
The Raiders headed to Houston after practice Monday and will have a joint workout with the Texans on Tuesday.
The teams play a preseason game on Thursday night, but Raiders safety Isaiah Pola-Mao said the players will get more out of the shared practice session.
“Preseason, coaches don’t want to show everything, but joint practices, definitely,” Pola-Mao said. "We’ll see some things that we have been working on, so it’ll be good for us.”
-
Maxx Crosby heading to Ravens, AP sources say
Five-time Pro Bowl edge rusher Maxx Crosby is heading to the Baltimore Ravens, two people with knowledge of the trade told The Associated Press on Friday night.
Raiders send Geno Smith to Jets in trade for 2026 draft pick, ESPN reports
The Las Vegas Raiders have released quarterback Geno Smith, according to ESPN sources. Adam Schefter posted on X, saying that this will open up $8 million in salary cap space.
Fernando Mendoza meets with Raiders at NFL combine as projected No. 1 Pick
Projected No. 1 pick Fernando Mendoza confirmed a formal meeting with the Raiders at the NFL combine as Las Vegas evaluates its top selection ahead of April’s draft.
Raiders think big picture at combine while Mendoza pick appears all but certain
GM John Spytek and head coach Klint Kubiak are evaluating prospects across all positions, while also searching for a veteran quarterback to help develop top pick Fernando Mendoza.
