NORTH LAS VEGAS (KTNV) — Where do police spend most of their time in North Las Vegas?
We've looked at the Strip, neighborhoods in Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department's jurisdiction and Henderson.
Now we head to North Las Vegas to reveal the problem properties where police are called every single day. And as you'll see, crime can really hit home in this part of town as officers are called out repeatedly to some of the same apartment complexes.
There are three new locations in the Top 10 for northtown cops.
At number 10, on Losee Road, Norterra Canyon Apartments, where police were called 219 times in 2018.
The Smith's grocery store on North Las Vegas Boulevard and Civic Center is also new, generating 271 calls and landing in 5th place.
Another newcomer-- in 4th place-- is Cheyenne Square shopping center at Cheyenne and Civic Center Drive. Police responded here 345 times last year. Most of the calls were for these two places -- Dotty's and La Villita casino.
Click each location for ranking and number of service calls
As was the case in Henderson, two Walmarts are on the Top 10 list in North Las Vegas. The Walmart on West Craig Road is number eight on the list. The one on West Lake Mead with 355 calls for service is in 3rd place.
Holding steady at number two for the second year in a row is Cheyenne Condos racking up 356 calls. That's a lot, but it's actually 100 fewer calls for service than the year before.
The busiest place for North Las Vegas police? Yet another apartment complex -- Coral Palms condos on Decatur. With 370 calls, police responded here on average at least once every day in 2018.
We do want to note that three apartment complexes dropped off the Top 10 list from last year: Desert Palm North, Loma Vista and St. Andrews Club where crime calls are down.
NORTH LAS VEGAS TOP 10 CRIME HOT SPOTS
1. Coral Palms Condos, Decatur Boulevard and Cheyenne Avenue
2. Cheyenne Condos, Civic Center Drive and Cheyenne Avenue
3. Walmart, Rancho Drive and Carey Avenue
4. Dotty's and more, Civic Center Drive and Cheyenne Avenue
5. Smith's, Civic Center Drive and Carey Avenue
6. McDonald's/Terrible Herbst, Lake Mead and Las Vegas boulevards
7. Newport Village Apartments, Gowan Road and Martin Luther King Boulevard
8. Walmart, Craig Road and Clayton Street
9. Texas Station, Rancho Drive and Lake Mead Boulevard
10. Norterra Canyon Apartments, Losee and Washburn roads