LAS VEGAS (KTNV) — A suspect has been arrested in connection to a man who was reportedly found beaten to death.
Detectives with the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department identified 47-year-old Marby Cunningham as a suspect and arrested her.
The arrest stems from an event we first told you about last week that happened in the 900 block of Brush Street.
Around 11:30 a.m. on Feb. 10, Around 11:30 a.m., police learned of an unresponsive man found in an apartment in the area. Upon their arrival, Metro determined that the victim had sustained blunt force injuries. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The victim, 77-year-old Richard Smith, was discovered during a welfare check, Channel 13 learned through recently obtained police documents. Smith's family reportedly had not had any contact with him over the past couple of days. When security personnel entered Smith's apartment, he was sitting in a chair with severe head trauma.
Cunningham is held at the Clark County jail on a charge of open murder with a deadly weapon.
-
Man dead, another hospitalized after fight escalates in downtown Las Vegas
A man is dead and another is hospitalized after a fight in downtown Las Vegas that escalated into a stabbing, a spokesperson for the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department says.
Suspect accused of murdering Las Vegas teen in 2008 reaches plea deal
Court records show that Jonathan Romero has agreed to plea guilty to first degree murder after killing David Manriquez in 2008.
Suspect arrested after man found fatally stabbed east of Las Vegas Strip
Homicide detectives are investigating after a man was found fatally wounded in an area just east of the Las Vegas Strip on Thursday night.
Police search for suspects in shooting that critically injured 2 people
Police are searching for suspects after a shooting that left at least two people with critical injuries on Thursday evening.