LAS VEGAS (KTNV) — A suspect has been arrested in connection to a man who was reportedly found beaten to death.
Detectives with the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department identified 47-year-old Marby Cunningham as a suspect and arrested her.
The arrest stems from an event we first told you about last week that happened in the 900 block of Brush Street.
Around 11:30 a.m. on Feb. 10, Around 11:30 a.m., police learned of an unresponsive man found in an apartment in the area. Upon their arrival, Metro determined that the victim had sustained blunt force injuries. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The victim, 77-year-old Richard Smith, was discovered during a welfare check, Channel 13 learned through recently obtained police documents. Smith's family reportedly had not had any contact with him over the past couple of days. When security personnel entered Smith's apartment, he was sitting in a chair with severe head trauma.
Cunningham is held at the Clark County jail on a charge of open murder with a deadly weapon.
-
77 dogs rescued from RV in Mesquite, police say
Authorities in Mesquite rescued 77 dogs from inside an RV last week, according to the Mesquite Police Department. Another 33 dogs were recovered on Tuesday.
Suspect that prompted Legacy High lockdown had stolen gun, arrest report states
North Las Vegas PD says a man later identified as Jallel Jenkins-Harris was seen stealing merchandise from Target and putting it into his backpack. When officers arrived, he reportedly ran away.
Former Mesquite police chief facing criminal charges
Former Mesquite police chief Joseph MaQuade Chesley is facing criminal charges for allegedly improperly recording at Henderson City Hall.
Suspect in fatal Smith's shooting enters not guilty plea, held without bail
The man accused of walking into a south valley grocery store and killing his ex and her new husband made his first court appearance facing those charges Monday morning.