UPDATE APRIL 5: The Clark County Coroner has identified the deceased man as 68-year-old Hubert Edmonis from Las Vegas. Edmonis died as a result of blunt force injuries and his death was ruled an accident.
Las Vegas police are looking for another hit-and-run driver.
The fatal incident happened around 8:24 p.m. April 1 near Rancho and Riverside drives.
MAP OF AREA
Police say a dark-colored sedan was traveling north on Rancho when it struck a 68-year-old man who was crossing the street near Riverside.
A 2013 Honda Odyssey also struck the pedestrian after the sedan.
The driver of the dark-colored sedan did not remain on scene.
The driver of the Honda did stay and did not display any signs of impairment.
The pedestrian’s death marks the 28th traffic-related fatality in Las Vegas for 2021.
The Clark County coroner will identify the deceased.
On March 24, Las Vegas police held a press conference about the unusually high number of hit-and-run crashes so far this year. At that time, there were 6 fatal hit-and-runs. Last year, there was 10 total for the year.
Anyone with any information is urged to contact the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department’s Collision Investigation Section at 702-828-3595. To remain anonymous, contact Crime Stoppers by phone at 702-385-5555 or on the internet at www.crimestoppersofnv.com. Tips leading directly to an arrest or indictment processed through Crime Stoppers may be eligible for a cash reward.
- Arrest report: Driver accused in deadly hit-and-run crash told police he left because he was scared
- Coroner identifies bicyclist killed in fatal hit-and-run
- Las Vegas police release images of SUV suspected in fatal hit-and-run
- Vegas PD report: Suspected DUI hit-and-run driver described as functional alcoholic
- Man hit by truck while sitting on steps at Eureka Casino on Sahara Avenue