LAS VEGAS (KTNV) — The Nevada State Democratic Party says the state saw a surge in caucus voter turnout for First in the West caucus this month compared to 2016.
PHOTOS: 2020 Nevada Democratic Caucus
In a press release to the media, the party shared the following breakdown:
- Roughly 100,000 Nevadans total participated in their precinct caucus
- Nearly 75,000 turned out during the historic four days of in-person early voting
- 25,000 turned out on Caucus Day
- Total turnout was nearly 16,000 higher than in 2016
- 35% of Nevadans who caucused were non-white according to entrance polls
- A majority of Nevadans who caucused were first-time caucus-goers
Early voting took place Feb. 15-18, with Caucus Day on Feb. 22.
Stay with 13 Action News for your election 2020 coverage.