LAS VEGAS (KTNV) — Police have arrested to more people in connection with a fatal shooting in northwest Las Vegas that happened in March.
On March 30, a husband and wife were shot during a transaction at an apartment complex in the 5800 block of Sky Pointe Drive, near Ann Road and Tenaya Way, according to the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department.
Lt. Robert Price said a woman called 911 to report she and her husband had been shot. She was taken to UMC and treated for non-life-threatening injuries, police said. Her husband, since identified as 30-year-old Deven Mays, of Henderson, was pronounced dead at the scene. The Clark County coroner determined Mays died from a gunshot wound to the back.
Watch the initial police briefing with LVMPD Lt. Robert Price:
Roughly a week after the shooting, 18-year-old Miles Spivey was arrested in connection to the shooting, held on 13 charges including open murder with a deadly weapon, robbery with a deadly weapon, three counts of kidnapping, and child abuse or neglect.
Now, detectives have identified 20-year-old Kyree Brown and 18-yearold DaeQuan McGee as additional suspects in this case.
Brown was arrested on April 9 in Riverside, California, and is awaiting extradition to Las Vegas.
McGee was arrested in Inglewood, California on April 29 and was extradited to Las Vegas on May 19. He was booked into the Clark County jail on charges including open murder with a deadly weapon and first-degree kidnapping.
-
'He shot him': 911 audio captures east Las Vegas Walmart shooting in real time
911 calls obtained by Channel 13 show how quickly an argument turned deadly at an east Las Vegas Walmart last week.
911 audio captures east Las Vegas Walmart shooting in real time (Credit: LVMPD)
911 calls obtained by Channel 13 show how quickly an argument turned deadly at an east Las Vegas Walmart last week. (CREDIT: LVMPD)
Over a dozen arrested in Nevada as part of Operation Adam's Watch
Local arrests include 16 fugitives wanted on sex assault and other sex offense charges. Two offenders were charged with failure to register as a sex offender.
Judge allows use of police interview in trial for man accused of killing Tupac
A judge is allowing a police interview of the man charged in the 1996 killing of rapper Tupac Shakur to be used in his upcoming trial