NORTH LAS VEGAS (KTNV) — A man was shot during what North Las Vegas police have called a "domestic disturbance" on Friday afternoon.
At 1:43 p.m., officers were called to a reported disturbance involving a male family member and a female family member in the 3100 block of Emmons Avenue, according to NLVPD.
NVLPD said the man, armed with a knife, was given "multiple commands in English and Spanish to drop the knife and surrender," which police said he ignored.

According to police, the man walked away before "charging at the officers while still armed with the knife," at which point two officers fired at and hit the suspect.
Medical assistance was requested, and the man was taken to a local hospital where he died from his injuries, NLVPD said.

Officials said this incident marks the third NVLPD officer-involved shooting of 2025.
The investigation is still ongoing.
-
77 dogs rescued from RV in Mesquite, police say
Authorities in Mesquite rescued 77 dogs from inside an RV last week, according to the Mesquite Police Department. Another 33 dogs were recovered on Tuesday.
Suspect that prompted Legacy High lockdown had stolen gun, arrest report states
North Las Vegas PD says a man later identified as Jallel Jenkins-Harris was seen stealing merchandise from Target and putting it into his backpack. When officers arrived, he reportedly ran away.
Former Mesquite police chief facing criminal charges
Former Mesquite police chief Joseph MaQuade Chesley is facing criminal charges for allegedly improperly recording at Henderson City Hall.
Suspect in fatal Smith's shooting enters not guilty plea, held without bail
The man accused of walking into a south valley grocery store and killing his ex and her new husband made his first court appearance facing those charges Monday morning.