LAS VEGAS (KTNV) — He's accused of shooting and killing two people on the Las Vegas Strip. Now, he wants to be released without bail.
Manuel Ruiz was in court Thursday morning, nearly 10 months after the fatal shooting in front of the Bellagio.
Ruiz, known as "Sin City Manny" online, is accused of shooting and killing Rodney Albert Finley and Tanisha Laquahn Finley. Authorities have said this shooting likely stemmed from an online feud, as the Finleys were also content creators.
Ruiz and his defense attorney David. E. Lopez-Negrete stood before Judge Tierra Jones for Ruiz to be released on his own recognizance. At the time, Ruiz was being held without bail.
After arguments, Jones said she would issue a decision later on Thursday.
Court records indicate that "given the weight of the evidence and the nature of the circumstances of the offense," Ruiz's request for bail was not granted.
-
'He shot him': 911 audio captures east Las Vegas Walmart shooting in real time
911 calls obtained by Channel 13 show how quickly an argument turned deadly at an east Las Vegas Walmart last week.
911 audio captures east Las Vegas Walmart shooting in real time (Credit: LVMPD)
911 calls obtained by Channel 13 show how quickly an argument turned deadly at an east Las Vegas Walmart last week. (CREDIT: LVMPD)
Over a dozen arrested in Nevada as part of Operation Adam's Watch
Local arrests include 16 fugitives wanted on sex assault and other sex offense charges. Two offenders were charged with failure to register as a sex offender.
Judge allows use of police interview in trial for man accused of killing Tupac
A judge is allowing a police interview of the man charged in the 1996 killing of rapper Tupac Shakur to be used in his upcoming trial