LAS VEGAS (KTNV) — He's accused of shooting and killing two people on the Las Vegas Strip. Now, he wants to be released without bail.
Manuel Ruiz was in court Thursday morning, nearly 10 months after the fatal shooting in front of the Bellagio.
Ruiz, known as "Sin City Manny" online, is accused of shooting and killing Rodney Albert Finley and Tanisha Laquahn Finley. Authorities have said this shooting likely stemmed from an online feud, as the Finleys were also content creators.
Ruiz and his defense attorney David. E. Lopez-Negrete stood before Judge Tierra Jones for Ruiz to be released on his own recognizance. At the time, Ruiz was being held without bail.
After arguments, Jones said she would issue a decision later on Thursday.
Court records indicate that "given the weight of the evidence and the nature of the circumstances of the offense," Ruiz's request for bail was not granted.
-
Man shot at east Las Vegas Walmart was subject of domestic violence complaint
The man who was shot inside an east Las Vegas Walmart store last week faces domestic violence-related charges, Channel 13 has learned.
Gang rivalry led to Hollywood Regional Park shooting, arrest report says
Over the past week, 19-year-old Jayden Torres and 16-year-old Kassandra Orozco were arrested on charges of open murder, attempted murder, and conspiracy to commit murder in connection with this case.
Las Vegas police share video of officer's fatal encounter with armed man outside Walmart store
Video shared by the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department on Friday offers new insight into the circumstances that led an officer to fatally shoot a man outside a local Walmart store.
Las Vegas teen arrested in connection to Santa Monica fatal shooting
On Monday, around 12:32 a.m., officers responded to a report of a possible shooting near the Santa Monica Pier, according to a release from the Santa Monica Police Department.