LAS VEGAS (KTNV) — He's accused of shooting and killing two people on the Las Vegas Strip. Now, he wants to be released without bail.
Manuel Ruiz was in court Thursday morning, nearly 10 months after the fatal shooting in front of the Bellagio.
Ruiz, known as "Sin City Manny" online, is accused of shooting and killing Rodney Albert Finley and Tanisha Laquahn Finley. Authorities have said this shooting likely stemmed from an online feud, as the Finleys were also content creators.
Ruiz and his defense attorney David. E. Lopez-Negrete stood before Judge Tierra Jones for Ruiz to be released on his own recognizance. At the time, Ruiz was being held without bail.
After arguments, Jones said she would issue a decision later on Thursday.
Court records indicate that "given the weight of the evidence and the nature of the circumstances of the offense," Ruiz's request for bail was not granted.
-
LVMPD lieutenant faces DUI, vehicle registration charges, documents show
Joseph E. Winn is accused of driving in Goodsprings while intoxicated and without valid registration on July 1, 2026, according to documents we've recently obtained.
Shooting near Craig, Decatur sends one person to hospital as LVMPD investigates
It happened in the 4500 block of Blue Royal Drive, near the intersection of Craig and Decatur, according to the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department.
'He shot him': 911 audio captures east Las Vegas Walmart shooting in real time
911 calls obtained by Channel 13 show how quickly an argument turned deadly at an east Las Vegas Walmart last week.
911 audio captures east Las Vegas Walmart shooting in real time (Credit: LVMPD)
911 calls obtained by Channel 13 show how quickly an argument turned deadly at an east Las Vegas Walmart last week. (CREDIT: LVMPD)