LAS VEGAS (KTNV) — A juvenile probation officer was arrested last month and faces charges for alleged "sexually based crimes" in Las Vegas, according to Metro police.
LVMPD said Eddie Wide, 62, is charged with two counts of sexual conduct with a child under his supervision and one count of child abuse.
According to an arrest report, LVMPD received a call from Clark County Juvenile Hall for a minor reporting a child molestation that happened between December 2025 and April 2026.
Police said the victim first reported an incident allegedly involving Wide in 2023 when they were 13 years old. Since then, the victim claimed Wide had texted or called him despite him not being their direct probation officer.
According to the report, the victim documented multiple instances of sexual contact with Wide, who allegedly recorded it on his phone and would give money to the victim.
The report states that Wide admitted to giving juveniles money, but denied any sexual encounters.
Police said that detectives believe there may be additional juvenile victims in the community and are asking anyone who may have been a victim to come forward.
LVMPD asks anyone with information to contact the Sexual Assault Detail at 702-828-3421. You can also contact Crime Stoppers at 702-385-5555 or at www.crimestoppersofnv.com.
🚨Sexual Assault Detectives are Seeking Additional Victims🚨
— LVMPD (@LVMPD) May 20, 2026
The LVMPD Sexual Assault Detail is asking for the public’s assistance in an ongoing investigation involving 62-year-old Eddie Wide, a juvenile probation officer, who was arrested on April 22, 2026, for sexually based… pic.twitter.com/seQKHaDLzP
-
Driver arrested for DUI after crashing into UNLVPD vehicle, police say
It happened just after 5 a.m. near the intersection of Flamingo and Cambridge, according to the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department.
Suspect in fatal shooting at Las Vegas Five Below store now behind bars
After nearly a month on the run, police announced the arrest of a 19-year-old man sought in connection with a fatal shooting inside a Las Vegas Five Below Store. Mary Kielar has the reaction from local shoppers.
Report: Father charged after intentionally crashing car with 3-year-old inside
Jesus Gonzalez reportedly drove his car into a tree at Centennial Center Boulevard near Azure Drive on Friday, July 10, all the while with his three-year-old son in the backseat.
Police: Suspect in fatal Las Vegas Five Below shooting arrested in California
David Vasquez was arrested by San Bernardino County sheriff's deputies on July 13. The 19-year-old is accused of entering a Five Below store and shooting an employee.