LAS VEGAS (KTNV) — A drive thru is convenient but can put you at a disadvantage.
If you're like most customers we saw, you wouldn't know Wendy's was serving up burgers and fries under a C grade from the Health District.
To see that, you have to order inside.
Wendy's on Craig and Martin Luther King got a 27-demerit C grade on August 13.
The soda machine nozzle was dirty, slimy and not being regularly cleaned.
A box of french fries had been left on the floor by the handsink and a raw hamburger cooler was left dirty on the floor with old food debris.
Inspectors saw a cook put raw hamburgers on the grill bare-handed, then touch the counter and chicken grill area without washing hands.
There was moldy cut fruit and multiple food items on the prep line at least 10 degrees warmer than they should have been.
All the food and milk in the under counter cooler by the drive through window had to be thrown in the garbage due to unsafe temperatures.
We stopped by on Monday to ask about the violations but the manager told us there was no one authorized to answer our questions and referred us to their corporate office.
Wendy's Corporate Director of Operations didn't want to go on camera but said on the phone that they're concerned about the Health District's findings and take the violations very seriously.
They got their A grade back with zero demerits on Tuesday and say they'll continue to make customer health and safety a priority.
Unsafe food temperature was also a problem for Carnitas y Tortas Ahogadas Guadalajara on Eastern and Bonanza.
It was shut down August 16 due to the imminent health hazard of inadequate refrigeration.
A whole lot of food--from salsa, rice and lamb to potatoes, steak, pork tacos and beans went into the garbage after inspectors' thermometers told them it was not safe to serve.
It was back to a zero-demerit A grade on August 19 and the owner said they worked quickly to get their cooler fixed.
Inspire bar on Las Vegas Blvd. and Fremont was shut down Aug. 15 for the imminent health hazard of no hot water.
General Manager Scott Lawrence said, "The health inspector came in and found that the hand sink water heater wasn't reaching proper temperature. We immediately closed the bar, had the motor repaired and the bar was reinspected. Inspector told us the bar was perfect and we received a Grade "A" with no demerits" on Aug. 21.
Click here to see report for Wendys.
Click here to see report for Carnitas Y Tortas Ahogadas Guadalajara.
Click here to see report for Insprire Bar.