LAS VEGAS (KTNV) — It’s a somber anniversary for several families, including Kobe Bryant's family.
13 Action News also remembers the other victims in the tragic helicopter crash that happened on Jan. 26, 2020.
John Altobelli coached the Orange Coast College baseball team. He, his wife Keri and their daughter Alyssa, who was Gianna’s teammate, all died in the crash.
Christina Mauser also died in the crash. She was an assistant coach at Harbor Day School in Orange County and was a mother of three kids.
Sarah Chester and her daughter Payton were also on the helicopter. They were both from Orange County.
Sarah served on the board of trustees for St. Margaret’s Episcopal School and Payton was enrolled in eighth grade at that school.
The other victim was pilot Ara Zobayan. He earned his commercial pilot’s license in 2007. According to records, he was also a certified flight instructor for instrument instruction for helicopter pilots.
ALL MEMORIES OF MAMBA STORIES
- Las Vegas artists pay tribute to Kobe Bryant
- Former UNLV Runnin' Rebel Marcus Banks remembers Kobe Bryant
- Las Vegas athletes inspired by Kobe's 'mamba mentality’
- Las Vegas basketball coach talks about day Kobe Bryant killed in helicopter crash
- Honoring the nine victims in last year's deadly crash that also killed Kobe Bryant
- NTSB to hold hearing on Kobe Bryant helicopter crash investigation
- From tragedy to triumph, Lakers win NBA Finals in 2020