Las Vegas' NHL franchise has begun identifying what matters in a new community. The Golden Knights know that in order to be successful in Vegas they'll have to endear themselves to the local fan base, not the transient tourist they may or may not buy tickets during their vacation.
As a first step toward becoming Vegas' go-to team, the Golden Knights will host a "Spring Break Street Hockey Tour" that will be held on Monday, April 10 through Thursday, April 13.
Golden Knights Senior Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer Nehme Abouzeid spoke about bringing hockey to children in the community.
“The Spring Break Street Hockey Tour is a fun way to introduce the game of hockey to hundreds of kids throughout Clark County,” said Abouzeid. “It is a sport that keeps kids healthy and active through its emphasis on physical fitness and teamwork. For those who have never played hockey before, we think they will find it is a sport similar to others they have tried, like soccer, with an added element of hand-eye coordination. We hope the kids enjoy the activities and are excited for Golden Knights ice hockey to officially begin this fall.”
This is the first step of many by the Golden Knights to familiarize their fans with their product and build a lifetime connection.
Take a look at the street hockey schedule below:
Monday, April 10
- 10:30 am – 12 pm: Hollywood Recreation Center (1650 S Hollywood Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89142) with Vegas Golden Knights Senior Vice President Murray Craven
- 2 pm – 3:30 pm: Desert Breeze (8275 Spring Mountain Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89117) with Vegas Golden Knights Senior Vice President Murray Craven and Vegas Golden Knights Hockey Operations Assistant Keith Veronesi.
Tuesday, April 11– West
- 10:30 am – 1 pm: Lied Clubhouse (2850 S Lindell Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89146) with Vegas Golden Knights Director of Hockey Operations Misha Donskov.
Wednesday, April 12 – Northeast
- 2 pm – 3 pm: Walnut Recreation Center (3075 N Walnut Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89115) with Vegas Golden Knights Director of Hockey Operations Misha Donskov.
Thursday, April 13 – Southeast
- 11 am – 12 pm: Cambridge Recreation Center (3930 Cambridge St, Las Vegas, NV 89119) with Vegas Golden Knights Senior Vice President Murray Craven.
2 pm – 3 pm: Paradise Recreation Center (4775 S. McLeod, Las Vegas, NV 89121) with Vegas Golden Knights Hockey Operations Assistant Keith Veronesi.