It's official: Boise State will face off against Oregon in the 2017 Las Vegas Bowl on December 16.
John Saccenti, the Las Vegas Bowl Executive Director, announced the matchup on Dec. 3 at Sam Boyd Stadium.
The Boise State Broncos are the 2017 Mountain West champions, with a 10-3 record overall and a 7-1 record within the conference. Their 16-year bowl streak is the sixth-best nationally, behind Florida State, Georgia, LSU, Oklahoma, and Virginia Tech.
Meanwhile, the Oregon Ducks have a 7-5 record overall and a 4-5 record within the Pac-12.
The Broncos and the Ducks have played each other twice before this season (the last game was in 2009), and Boise State came away with a win both times.
Currently, the Mountain West has six teams heading off to bowl games:
- Colorado State (7-5, 5-3 MW) will face Marshall (7-5, 4-4 C-USA) in the Gildan New Mexico Bowl on Dec. 16
- Wyoming (7-5, 5-3 MW) will play Central Michigan (8-4, 6-2 MAC) in the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl on Dec. 22
- San Diego State (10-2, 6-2 MW) will take on Army (8-3 overall) in the Lockheed Martin Armed Forces Bowl on Dec. 23
- Fresno State (9-4, 7-1 MW) will play its first postseason game since 2014 against Houston (7-4, 5-3 AAC) in the Hawai'i Bowl on Dec. 24
- Utah State (6-6, 4-4 MW) will face New Mexico State (6-6, 4-4 Sun Belt) in the NOVA Home Loans Arizona Bowl on Dec. 29
Among the 10 FBS conferences, the Mountain West has the third-best win percentage in bowl games at 56.5 percent. The Pac-12 is only slightly better at 56.6 percent, and the SEC leads the nation in bowl game wins at 64.4 percent.