Here is the latest roundup of restaurant news from around the Las Vegas valley:
1. Serendipity 3 at Caesars Palace has introduced its third eating challenge. The Brick Challenge features 5 of the restaurant’s 16-inch flatbread Meat Madness Pizzas stacked together. Each of the five pizzas is topped with prosciutto, pepperoni, sausage, pancetta, cheeses and fresh marinara sauce. Guests who successfully finish the entire dish within 40 minutes will receive it for free. It will also be offered at full price for $75.
2. The highly anticipated MR CHOW opens Dec. 15 at Caesars Palace and reservations will be accepted beginning Dec. 19. Menu favorites include the Chow-lini cocktail, Chicken Satay, Beijing Duck, Green Prawns, Ma Mignon and hand-pulled Mr. Chow Noodles. The restaurant will also offer the infamous MR CHOW champagne trolley and the Caesars Palace location will have a unique champagne arrival experience at the entrance.
3. Nacho Daddy is celebrating its 5th anniversary with food and drink specials from 2 to 7 p.m. Dec. 14-18 at all three of its locations. $5 anniversary food and drink specials include: Chicken, Pork, and Ground Beef Street Tacos; Nacho Daddy favorites – Mini Burger Nachos and Mini BBQ Chicken Nachos; BBQ Pork Tortas; Grilled Chicken Skewers; and signature Nacho Daddy cocktails, the Daddy’s Margarita and the Daddy’s Michelada.
4. Honey Salt is offering a nightly feast of seasonal favorites for each of the celebratory eight nights of Hanukkah. Menu items include matzo ball soup, crisp potato latkes, Grandma Rose's slow-roasted brisket, Mary's free-range chicken breast and Hanukkah Doughnuts. All items are a la carte.
5. Truffle lovers are invited to indulge with Italian white truffles through early January at Ferraro's Italian Restaurant & Wine Bar. Three signature dishes incorporating the prized white truffle are available nightly, including Ferraro’s signature Vitello Reale, which was featured in Wine Spectator magazine last year. Italian white truffles are widely regarded as the most exquisite of all truffles.
6. Edge Steakhouse at the Westgate has been selected for OpenTable Diners’ Choice Awards for the best “Ambiance,” “Fit For Foodies” and Romantic” categories in Las Vegas. The menu features top quality Aged Prime Steaks, fresh fish and seafood, and it includes more than a dozen other mouth-watering specialties. Edge Steakhouse is famous for serving Snake River Farms A5 Waygu, a specialty meat that is served in only five restaurants across the United States. Edge also offers more than 450 varieties of wine.
7. Jamba Juice is now allowing customers to skip the line at its stores by using the order ahead app. The app will be supported by over 600 Jamba stores across the U.S. including 12 locations in the Las Vegas Valley. Jamba Juice offers "better-for-you" beverage and food offerings, including smoothies, fresh-squeezed juices and blends, hot teas, breakfast wraps, sandwiches, flatbreads and more.
8. Losers Bar has taken over Rouge Lounge at the MGM Grand during National Finals Rodeo. Losers Nashville recently celebrated 10 years and is the ultimate dive bar. Losers attracts some of Nashville's most talented entertainers, songwriters and music industry personnel as well as locals and tourists. Losers Las Vegas will feature daily live music through Dec. 12.
9. Red Rock Resort is offering an all-new Taste of the Rock menu during the month of December. Restaurants featured include Salute, 8 Noodle Bar, Mercadito, Tbones, Hearthstone Kitchen & Cellar and more. Items include grilled pork meatballs from 8 Noodle bar for $8; homemade tomato soup for $5.50 at Grand Cafe; steak tartare at Hearthstone for $4; BBQ rib tips for $7.49 at Lucilles; and short rib enchiladas at Mercadito for $9. Taste the Rock specials are available 5 to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday inside each restaurant's bar area. Prices start at $5.
10. HEXX Kitchen, Bar and Chocolate has added some new menu items, including over-the-top late night dishes like the Hot Mess, French fries topped with pork, barbeque gravy, cheese sauce and basted eggs. Other items include carrot cake pancakes, a burger topped with American cheese, fried onions and bacon on a white chocolate bun, the bucatini carbonaro, a chicken banh mi sandwich, tagliatelle scampi, short ribs, roasted sea bass, and a cheesy eggs with a bacon waffle.
11. Cafe Rio Mexican Grill has opened its 10th location in Rhodes Ranch. Cafe Rio is one of the fastest growing restaurants in the quick-serve category, and has been awarded the #1 Mexican Restaurant in the country from Sandelman& Associates for the past six years. Other Vegas locations include Blue Diamond, Centennial, Eastern Avenue, Henderson, Horizon, Lake Mead Boulevard, Maryland Parkway, Shadow Mountain and Summerlin.
12. The new Beer Park by Budweiser will open in early January at Paris Las Vegas. Located on a 10,000-square-foot deck overlooking the world famous Las Vegas Strip, Beer Park will feature an outdoor grill, picnic tables, and more than 100 draft, can and bottle beer selections, including 36 beers on tap. There will also be craft beer cocktails, signature cocktails, wine, and an array of Bloody Marys. Towers on either side of the bar will house dozens of HD TVs for sports viewing.
13. Ultimo -- A Weekend of Excellence, hosted by The Venetian and The Palazzo, is set for Dec. 17-20. Ultimo will celebrate Italy with chefs Jerome Bocuse, Daniel Boulud, Josiah Citrin, Shaun Hergatt, Gavin Kaysen, Thomas Keller, James Kent, Roland Passot, Philip Tessier, Ming Tsai, Richard Rosendale, and Dario Cecchini. Events are planned for each days and prices range from $200 to $1,000 per person, plus tax and gratuity.
If you would like to submit an item for 13 Things, send a press release to firstname.lastname@example.org.