The following is a roundup of breaking news from around the Las Vegas valley.
Parts of the Las Vegas valley felt an earthquake Friday night. Preliminary reports say it was a 7.1 magnitude earthquake in California. READ MORE
North Las Vegas police are asking for help finding 87-year-old Robert “Bob” Rascon.
Rascon was last seen on June 4 near Broadwing Drive and Aliante Parkway in a 2008 Chrysler Aspen with license plates LV003C. Police say he was last seen wearing a white t-shirt and blue jeans. Anyone with information is asked to call 702-633-9111.
Five adults have been displaced after a fire on Mountain View Drive near Decatur and Charleston boulevards, officials say. Around 4 p.m. a palm tree fire in the yard extended to the attic of a single-story home. Las Vegas firefighters say all the occupants were evacuated and crews have it under control. There are no injuries to report.
Power has been restored except for a few customers. Click here for outage map.
A little more than 9,000 customers are currently without power in the Las Vegas valley, including 7,706 customers in zip code 89156; 388 customers in zip code 89110; and 919 customers in zip code 89155. A windstorm is listed as the cause in zip code 89156, which is on the far east side of the valley.
Clark County Fire Department responded to a fire at 4322 Flaming Ridge Trail near West Rochelle Avenue. Upon arrival, firefighters discovered a 2-story house with smoke and flames coming from garage. It is unknown if anyone was displaced because of the fire.
Reminder: Clark County is under an Air Quality Advisory today because of fireworks last night.
Waking up to some haze in the sky. Clark County issuing an air quality advisory through today- small dust particles and other pollutants from firework smoke can aggravate respiratory diseases. Breezy winds this afternoon will help clear the smoke. pic.twitter.com/dGZf9liGNz— Kelsey McFarland (@KelseyMarie_TV) July 5, 2019
Las Vegas Fire & Rescue is responding to a fire at 511 S. Tonopah Drive. LVFR says the fire is in a vacant building. No injuries reported.
F3H TOC: 4:47AM. 511 S Tonopah Dr fire in 1-sto boarded up bldg, KNOCKDOWN, crews checking for extension, some units being released, no injuries reported, cause U/I #PIO1NEWS E3,201,1,15, T1, R3,10, EMS1, AR14, B2,4, PIO1 pic.twitter.com/zXKt8gtvpg— Las Vegas FireRescue (@LasVegasFD) July 5, 2019
Las Vegas Fire & Rescue is responding to a fire at 1608 Eaton Drive. No injuries reported.
UPDATE: TOC: 3:42AM. 1608 Eaton Dr. appears house being renovated, but lived in was heavily involved with fire on arrival, roof caved in shortly after arrival. Fire is now OUT, cause is U/I, no injuries reported, crews picking up, fire investigators on scene. #PIO1NEWS pic.twitter.com/uYndZdmokb— Las Vegas FireRescue (@LasVegasFD) July 5, 2019
Las Vegas Fire & Rescue respond to fire at 10643 College Hill Avenue. LVFR says fire was started by improper disposal of fireworks into garbage can in front of garage door. LVFR says that the fireworks were safe-n-sane fireworks and that the family sprayed the fireworks with water after but there was enough heat left to start the fire. 4 people were displaced and 2 cars were also damaged.
UPDATE: Fire caused by improper disposal of fireworks into rubbish can outside in front of garage door, two vehicles & garage damaged, $80K dmg. No injuries reported. Always soak fireworks in bucket of water before disposal. #PIO1NEWS https://t.co/AgkXOK36yz— Las Vegas FireRescue (@LasVegasFD) July 5, 2019
Watch KTNV news and livestreams on Roku and Apple TV