LAS VEGAS (KTNV) — Reports of gunfire inside a downtown Las Vegas business prompted a heavy response from the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department on Tuesday afternoon.
Just after 1 p.m., an LVMPD spokesperson says the department received "several reports" of gunfire in the 500 block of Casino Center Drive, near Clark Avenue.
"When officers arrived, they were unable to find a victim or a scene," police stated. "This is an ongoing investigation."
In an initial release to media, the department spokesperson called it a "suspicious situation."
At the time of this report, no further details had been released. A Channel 13 crew is in the area to gather more information.
-
Judge allows use of police interview in trial for man accused of killing Tupac
A judge is allowing a police interview of the man charged in the 1996 killing of rapper Tupac Shakur to be used in his upcoming trial
Man shot at east Las Vegas Walmart was subject of domestic violence complaint
The man who was shot inside an east Las Vegas Walmart store last week faces domestic violence-related charges, Channel 13 has learned.
Gang rivalry led to Hollywood Regional Park shooting, arrest report says
Over the past week, 19-year-old Jayden Torres and 16-year-old Kassandra Orozco were arrested on charges of open murder, attempted murder, and conspiracy to commit murder in connection with this case.
Las Vegas police share video of officer's fatal encounter with armed man outside Walmart store
Video shared by the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department on Friday offers new insight into the circumstances that led an officer to fatally shoot a man outside a local Walmart store.