LAS VEGAS (KTNV) — A suspect is in custody after a barricade situation off Boulder Highway on Tuesday.
Just after 6 a.m., dispatch received a call for a domestic disturbance at a motel in the 6000 block of Boulder Highway, according to the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department.
Police said a man made threats with a gun against a woman, and that the woman was able to leave the room.
However, the suspect refused to exit, escalating this to a barricade.
Some residents chose to evacuate the area, according to Metro.
By 12:30 p.m., police said the suspect had been taken into custody without incident.
-
Report: Man exited tunnel with a tactical vest before foot chase and shooting
The suspect, 43-year-old Mitchell Nettles, faces multiple charges, including assault on a protected person with a deadly weapon, carrying a concealed weapon without a permit, resisting a public officer, and trespassing.
Report: Suspect in 6-hour LVMPD standoff has history of mental health issues
George Barrios, 39, faces charges including four counts of assault with a deadly weapon against a protected person and illegal gun possession by a prohibited person.
Former CCSD assistant principal sentenced for sexual misconduct with students
Heardley Smith, who previously worked as an assistant principal at Canyon Springs High School, has been sentenced after pleading guilty to sexually assaulting students.
Person stop ends in officer-involved shooting near Harmon Avenue, Arville Street
Channel 13 is learning more about a foot pursuit turned shooting that involved a Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department (LVMPD) and a suspect early Saturday morning.