LAS VEGAS (KTNV) — The Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department has shared details regarding a shooting incident in Spring Valley.
It occurred on Saturday morning around 12:18 a.m. in the 5000 block of West Patrick Lane.
According to LVMPD, dispatch "received several phone calls of numerous cars doing donuts, and blocking the parking lots."
Upon their arrival, police found multiple people and vehicles blocking the area. The vehicles "fled the area" shortly after, revealing a man on the ground "with an apparent gun injury," LVMPD said.
Officials shared that the man was taken to a nearby hospital with serious injuries.
On Wednesday, the family of the victim confirmed with Channel 13 that he had passed away from his injuries. The victim's name is Andre Santiago.
Metro Police told Channel 13 that they are still looking for the suspect. In a recent social media post, they called on the public to provide more information to solve Santiago's murder.
LVMPD detectives are investigating this event. If you have information regarding this incident, contact the LVMPD Homicide Section at 702-828-3521 or at homicide@lvmpd.com, or contact crimestoppersoflv.com to remain anonymous.
-
'He shot him': 911 audio captures east Las Vegas Walmart shooting in real time
911 calls obtained by Channel 13 show how quickly an argument turned deadly at an east Las Vegas Walmart last week.
911 audio captures east Las Vegas Walmart shooting in real time (Credit: LVMPD)
911 calls obtained by Channel 13 show how quickly an argument turned deadly at an east Las Vegas Walmart last week. (CREDIT: LVMPD)
Over a dozen arrested in Nevada as part of Operation Adam's Watch
Local arrests include 16 fugitives wanted on sex assault and other sex offense charges. Two offenders were charged with failure to register as a sex offender.
Judge allows use of police interview in trial for man accused of killing Tupac
A judge is allowing a police interview of the man charged in the 1996 killing of rapper Tupac Shakur to be used in his upcoming trial