NORTH LAS VEGAS (KTNV) — A man was shot during what North Las Vegas police have called a "domestic disturbance" on Friday afternoon.
At 1:43 p.m., officers were called to a reported disturbance involving a male family member and a female family member in the 3100 block of Emmons Avenue, according to NLVPD.
NVLPD said the man, armed with a knife, was given "multiple commands in English and Spanish to drop the knife and surrender," which police said he ignored.

According to police, the man walked away before "charging at the officers while still armed with the knife," at which point two officers fired at and hit the suspect.
Medical assistance was requested, and the man was taken to a local hospital where he died from his injuries, NLVPD said.

Officials said this incident marks the third NVLPD officer-involved shooting of 2025.
The investigation is still ongoing.
-
[FULL HEARING] 'Dances with Wolves' actor Nathan Chasing Horse sentenced in sex abuse case
"Dances with Wolves" actor Nathan Chasing Horse is sentenced after being found guilty of more than a dozen sex abuse-related charges earlier this year.
Nathan Chasing Horse sentenced to 37 years to life in prison in sex abuse case
Nathan Chasing Horse returns to court to face sentencing after a jury found him guilty of more than a dozen sex crimes charges.
Report: Man exited tunnel with a tactical vest before foot chase and shooting
The suspect, 43-year-old Mitchell Nettles, faces multiple charges, including assault on a protected person with a deadly weapon, carrying a concealed weapon without a permit, resisting a public officer, and trespassing.
Report: Suspect in 6-hour LVMPD standoff has history of mental health issues
George Barrios, 39, faces charges including four counts of assault with a deadly weapon against a protected person and illegal gun possession by a prohibited person.