LAS VEGAS (KTNV) — The driver in a suspected DUI crash that left one man dead and two others injured is pleading not guilty to the charges she faces.
Maria Gonsalez was wheeled into court Tuesday morning with her right leg in a brace. The 21-year-old is accused of being impaired and driving at a high rate of speed when her Ford Mustang collided with a Nissan truck driven by 49-year-old Juan Santana-Savalza, who was pronounced dead at the scene of the May 23 crash. A passenger in the Mustang suffered critical injuries.
WATCH | Channel 13 was at the scene of the crash early Saturday morning:
According to the arrest report, authorities smelled a "heavy odor" of an unknown alcoholic beverage on Gonsalez. Police said there was also a bottle of Don Julio tequila in "plain and open view" on the passenger side floorboard of the Mustang.
Gonsalez is facing charges related to driving under the influence and reckless driving. She is set to begin her trial on Sept. 8.
-
Man shot at east Las Vegas Walmart was subject of domestic violence complaint
The man who was shot inside an east Las Vegas Walmart store last week faces domestic violence-related charges, Channel 13 has learned.
Gang rivalry led to Hollywood Regional Park shooting, arrest report says
Over the past week, 19-year-old Jayden Torres and 16-year-old Kassandra Orozco were arrested on charges of open murder, attempted murder, and conspiracy to commit murder in connection with this case.
Las Vegas police share video of officer's fatal encounter with armed man outside Walmart store
Video shared by the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department on Friday offers new insight into the circumstances that led an officer to fatally shoot a man outside a local Walmart store.
Las Vegas teen arrested in connection to Santa Monica fatal shooting
On Monday, around 12:32 a.m., officers responded to a report of a possible shooting near the Santa Monica Pier, according to a release from the Santa Monica Police Department.