LAS VEGAS (KTNV) — Circa Resort & Casino is opening on Fremont Street on Wednesday at 12:01 a.m.
The property is the first ground-up casino to be built since 1980.
13 Action News Reporter Alicia Patillo has a behind-the-scenes sneak peek ahead of the opening. Below are some highlights.
STADIUM SWIM TO OFFER HEATED POOL EXPERIENCE
Stadium Swim has six pools, including two spas, and can hold about 4,000 people. It's open every day of the year from 8 a.m. to 11 p.m. -- and the pools are heated for cooler weather. There are also two swim bars.
INTERVIEW | VISION BEHIND WORLD'S LARGEST SPORTSBOOK
Brian Musburger, CEO (VSiN) at VSiN Booth, explains the vision behind the sportsbook at Circa, which is being dubbed "the world's largest sportsbook."
MEGABAR TO BE LONGEST BAR IN NEVADA
Circa will knock The D down to second place when it comes to having Nevada's "longest bar." MEGABAR will officially take over the top spot when the property opens on Wednesday.
INTERVIEW | CIRCA DESIGN THEME, IMPORTANCE OF 'TIME'
Alice O'Keefe, the director of design and architecture at Circa, answers the question, "What do you want people to feel like when they enter Circa?" O'Keefe also talks about the importance of time and how they've incorporated elements of multiple eras into the design process.
CLOSER LOOK AT THE SPORTSBOOK, MASSIVE SCREEN
The Circa sportsbook has a screen so massive it takes 10 people just to operate it. It has about 78 million pixels. The area has a viewing capacity of around 1,000 people.
MORE ON CIRCA:
- PHOTOS: CIRCA RESORT & CASINO OPENS IN DOWNTOWN LAS VEGAS
- Rideshare drivers experience Circa resort’s Garage Mahal
- Circa bringing back the famous 99-cent shrimp cocktail for limited hours
- Chef Dan Coughlin's 8 East at Circa Resort to open in October
- Soon-to-open Circa casino in downtown Las Vegas receives first slot machine
- Circa Resort & Casino in downtown Las Vegas reveals eclectic beverage program
- GALLERY: ROOMS AND SUITES AT THE NEW CIRCA LAS VEGAS