Here is a list of 13 things that are happening in the Las Vegas valley for the week of July 3-9:
1. First Friday is going virtual again on July 3. The virtual event will feature local artists, a sneak peek of AREA15, virtual tours of galleries and more.
2. “Marriage Can Be Murder” is going virtual again on July 3. The virtual show is as interactive as ever with guests mingling throughout breakout rooms with bartenders, cops and other actors and guests to solve the crime.
3. The annual Summerlin Patriotic Parade is also going virtual this year. Players from the Vegas Golden Knights and Las Vegas Aces will be participating along with members of the community.
4. There will be multiple fireworks shows around the Las Vegas valley for the 4th of July. There will be 4 shows in the Henderson area, the Plaza is setting off fireworks in downtown Las Vegas, and Red Rock Casino and Resort will also have fireworks.
5. Wet ’n’ Wild is hosting the Red, White ’n’ Wild Fourth of July party starting at 8 p.m. Enjoy the water park with your family and a firework extravaganza.
6. The Delirious Comedy Club is bringing laughter back to Downtown Grand hotel-casino beginning July 4. There will be 2 shows nightly during July 4th weekend at 8 and 10 p.m.
7. The Black Tap restaurant is celebrating the 4th of July with a Red, White and Blue Cake Shake, which is a vanilla shake with red frosted rim; red, white and blue sprinkles; red, white and blue cake; whipped cream; and a cherry.
8. Jammin on Vegas is hosting a party on July 3. There will be a fashion show, birthday celebration and live music by Thee Mess Arounds. The party will be held outside and masks are required.
9. The Garden in downtown Las Vegas is hosting a viewing party for season 5 of “RuPaul’s Drag Race All Stars” at 8 p.m. July 3. Reservations recommended.
10. All 5 locations of the Purple Penguin Snowcone Shack is open for snow cone season, including their first brick and mortar shop at 129 S. Water Street. All locations open daily at noon for the summer.
11. Park on Fremont is offering a bottomless brunch on July 4 and a trip through the golden age of dance music. Table reservations are required.
12. Another Sunday Morning Cruise is happening July 5. All classics and customs welcome at the casual car meet. No swap meet selling. Meet behind the Dairy Queen at 4440 N. Rancho Drive. Starts at 6:30 a.m.
13. Players Locker by Wolfgang Puck is hosting a live patio series on Wednesdays starting July 8. Grab a bite to eat, a drink and enjoy live music starting at 7 p.m. Limited seating. Reservations suggested.
If you would like to submit an item for a future list, send an email with details to firstname.lastname@example.org.