13 Things To Do This Week in the Las Vegas valley for the week of May 18 through 24:
1. Children under 13 wearing clothing representing an endangered animal will be admitted free to Siegfried & Roy's Secret Garden and Dolphin Habitat between May 17 and 20 in recognition of Endangered Species Day. There will be a special art display by local elementary school and variety of educational stations in the Sustainability Discovery Center. Restrictions may apply.
2. One of the dance parties in the world is happening this weekend at Las Vegas Motor Speedways. Dozens of performers will take the stage at the Electric Daisy Carnival. There will also be carnival rides, roaming performers, and art installations.
3. Did you know that there are several farmers markets in the Las Vegas valley every week? The farmers market at Galleria at Sunset mall takes place from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Fridays. There will be plenty of fresh produce and other items.
4. "Coco" will be the featured movie during the Ward 4 Movie in the Park night on May 18 at Garehime Park on North Campbell Road. Free popcorn and water while supplies last. Lawn seating, bring your own blanket or low-backed chair. Food trucks will also be on site.
5. The 5th annual For The Love of Cocktails is happening May 18 on the 64th floor of the Delano. More than 60 mixologists are participating and gourmet cuisine will be provided by Alain Ducasse's Rivea. The event is a fundraiser for the Helen David Bartender Relief Fund.
6. Great Vegas is hosting a special pop-up brunch event at Searsucker Las Vegas on May 19. Beer & Sear at Searsucker will feature culinary creations by Executive Chef Stephen La Sala. Cost is $55.
7. McKee Ranch Foundation will have a Spring Flea Market on May 19. There will be vendors of all kinds, horse and pony rides, train rides, animal interactions, food and drinks. Guests are welcome to take photos. No fee. Donation requested.
8. Skye & Stars, an evening of stargazing with the Las Vegas Astronomical Society, is back May 19 at Skye Canyon. There will also be music and food vendors. Attendees are welcome to bring a blanket and picnic. Telescopes open for viewing between 8 and 10 p.m. "Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back" will also be playing indoors for the kiddos.
9. Lee's 12th annual Beer & Tequila Experience is happening May 19 at the Thomas & Mack Center. There will be more than 300 handcrafted beers and 70 of the finest tequilas. The annual event attracts thousands of people. Tickets are $70 at the door.
10. The annual Wine to Remember is happening May 19 at Silver Sevens hotel-casino. This year's theme is "Hot Night in Havana." There will be wine, rum cocktails, hors d'oeuvres, silent auction and live music. Attendees are encouraged to wear colorful attire. Fundraiser for Alzheimer's Association Desert Chapter. Tickets are $50 per person.
11. The City of Las Vegas is hosting a dive-in movie night on May 19 at Pavilion Pool on North Pavilion Center Drive. Take a dip in the pool or relax on a deck chair and watch the movie on a big screen. Light refreshments provided for small cost. $4 per person.
12. Jazz in the Park on May 19 will feature guitarist and composer Bill Frisell, who has beebn one of the leading jazz guitarists since the 1980s. The popular free concert series takes place at the Clark County Government Center Amphitheater. Bring a blanket or low-back chair. Presented by the Clark County parks & Recreation department.
13. If you find yourself in the need of a laugh during the middle of the week, head to Jokesters Comedy Club at The D Las Vegas. Kathleen Dunbar, Brandon James and Keith Lyle will bring the jokes on May 22. Definitely adults only.
If you would like to submit an item for 13 Things, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.