Here is a list of 13 things to do this week in the Las Vegas area for the week of Dec. 7 through 14:
1. The rootin'est and tootin'est psychic hillbilly in all of the U.S. of A. takes over The Space for four nights only, Dec. 7-10. When he is not bear wrestling and mind-noodling, the Psychic Hillbilly or Hill Bill (Matt Donnelly) is performing mind-blowing tricks and off-the-rails comedy. Donnelly has been performing and writing comedy for 23 years.
2. WinterFest is happening Dec. 8 and 9 at the Henderson Events Plaza. This year's theme is "Dazzling Dessert Holiday." There will be family-friendly activites, a tree lighting ceremony with the mayor and Santa Claus, craft and gift fair, holiday entertainment, a Ferris wheel, and more. The parade will start at 5 p.m. Dec. 9.
3. The Southern rock band Elvis Monroe headlines Dec. 8 inside the House of Blues at Mandalay Bay. Supporting acts include Michael Austin and The Orange Feathers. Elvis Monroe's music is an eclectic mix of country and classic Americana with modern flavors. They'll be joined by Michael Austin and The Orange Feathers.
4. "American Idol" winner Taylor Hicks performs Dec. 8 at Red Rock Casino, Resort & Spa. Hicks, who is known as the "Soul Patrol," is known for his unique take on soul, R&B, country and blues.
5. Majestic Repertory Theatre presents "Every Christmas Story Ever Told (And Then Some!)" Dec. 8 through 23. Three actors (with the help of a slightly tipsy Santa) lampoon everything from Dickens to Dr. Seuss.
6. Heritage Holidays is happening Dec. 8 and 9 at Clark County Museum. Now in its seventh year, the Heritage Holidays event is the only time when the public can visit Heritage Street at night to see the museum's unique collection of houses lit up for the holidays. There will also be holiday music and strolling carolers, a craft tent, visits with Santa and his elves, and plent of hot chocolate.
7. Duo Mystique Flute and Harp make a rare public appearance Dec. 9 at Rainbow Library. Tara Skouson and Bonnie Buhler-Tanouye will perform holiday favorites as well as a few classical pieces, Celtic melodies and other tunes.
8. The Neon Museum's annual December to Remember holiday event is happening from 3 to 6 p.m. Dec. 9. Create neon sign inspired ornaments in the boneyard and enjoy caroling by the Las Vegas Academy choir. Admission is free.
9. The 4th annual Home Cookin' Christmas show is happening Dec. 9 at Bunkhouse Saloon. The band, which was big on the local scene from 1989 to 2000, has been described as a good-time, funky dance band and has been compared to Tower of Power. They will be joined by the Soul Joos.
10. The Barnyard Stompers , the country duo known for their big sound, will be joined by Whiskey Breath and Franks & Deans at The Dive Bar on Dec. 9. Plus, it's Patty Martinez's birthday bash!
11. If you enjoy Broadway music and brunch , you'll want to head to the Red Rock Resort on Dec. 10 and 17. The show inside Rocks Lounge will feature Christmas favorites such as "Santa Baby," "White Christmas," "Baby It's Cold Outside," "Little Drummer Boy" and others. Ticket price includes brunch at the Feast Buffet.
12. The Atomic Style Lounge is hosting a Girls Night In Shopping Event Dec. 10. Shop local designers, sip holiday cocktails, score free beauty services and have fun with your friends. Participates include Rockin' Bettie, Hot Mess Boutique, Glam Factory Vintage, Lark's County Heart and more.
13. Santa Paws at the Magical Forest is happening Dec. 10. There will be local pet vendors, animal adoptions, demonstrations, photo opps with Santa and more.