Here's the latest roundup of restaurant news from around the Las Vegas valley:
1. Good Pie at Pawn Plaza is hosting a vegan pizza party with Vegans, Baby on April 26. The Spring Fling will feature the one-night-only return of the hugely popular NUMU Vegan Cheese as well as live entertainment by Las Vegas’ Naked Elephant. Tickets start at $40 and include all-you-can-eat pizza, sliders, meatballs and knots.
2. Celebrate National Pretzel Day with local celebrities and media personalities on April 26 at Hofbrauhaus. There will be a pretzel-eating contest. The winner will receive $1,000 to donate to their favorite charity. Participating celebrities and media personalities include: Wayde King from Animal Planet’s “Tanked,” Jeff Civillico, Marc Savard, the Australian Bee Gees, Robert Kachelriess (Thrillist) and Russ White (Q Vegas). A Tailback keg tapping will follow the contest. Guests will also be able to enjoy Hofbrauhaus’ classic favorite twisted treat. The fun begins at 7 p.m.
3. Wetzel Pretzels is celebrating National Pretzel Day (April 26) by giving away pretzels at all of their locations. Customers are encouraged to share their free pretzel photos on social media (#nationalwetzelday) to receive another free pretzel.
4. If you have a hearty appetite, you might want to try the restaurant “where the big boys eat.” Lumberjacks Restaurant is known for its “big portions of country-style home-cooked meals” and friendly service. Menu items include Big John’s Biscuit, the Logger’s Breakfast Burrito, the One-Pound Redwood Burger, the Sourdough Burger, a Pot Roast Melt, Jack’s Melt, the Ultimate Ribeye Steak, Southern Whiskey Top Sirloin, chicken-fried steak, hickory-smoked baby back ribs and fish tacos with rice and beans. The first Lumberjacks Restaurant opened in 2004. Owner Jeff Garrett wanted a place where individuals and families could have a meal that was delicious, hearty and filling for a price that wouldn’t break the bank.
5. Naked City Pizza is offering a new dining experience called Paula’s Supper Club. The first event featuring a pre-fixe menu will take place May 1. Menu items include choice of table side Caesar salad, seafood soup or Granda’s Cream of chicken soup; choice of bacon candle, truffle burrata, shrimp cocktail or stuffed banana peppers; choice of porchetta, Sunday Lasagna, stuffed chicken parmesan or crab stuffed shrimp and choice of Cherry Jubilee or Bananas Foster. Cost is $38.95, including soft drinks with beer and wine available at additional cost. Reserve a spot by email to Christopher@nakedcitylv.com.
6. The Vegas UnStripped Festival in the Las Vegas Arts District featuring Las Vegas’ top independent chefs is happening on May 12. Participating chefs include Brian Howard, Sparrow + Wolf; Chris Decker, Metro Pizza; Daniel Krohmer, Other Mama; James Trees, Esther’s Kitchen; Jamie Tran, The Black Sheep; Justin Kingsley Hall, The Kitchen at Atomic; Ralph Perrazzo, BBDs; Sherida Shu, Flock & Fowl; and Khai Vu, District One. Advance tickets are available for $65.
7. The Hearthstone Kitchen & Cellar Lobster Boil is back. The lobster boil features lobster, claims and corn boiled to flavor-packed perfection and served with a mouthwatering shellfish broth. Other seafood offerings include cocktail shrimp, fresh oysters, New England lobster rolls, wood-roasted octopus and shellfish platters in a variety of sizes. Cost of the boil is $24.
8. Spring just got a little sweeter at Public House. They have added new desserts, including Nutella crunch ice cream bonbons, Irish coffee cheesecake and blueberry mascarpone fritters. Public House has also expanded it’s build-your-own dessert menu, which offers guests several bases, sauces, ice creams and toppings for $10 per creation.
9. Chef Gina Marinelli is bringing a new restaurant to Summerlin. La Strega, serving modern Italian cuisine, will open in early summer. With grandparents from Lake Como and Sicily, Marinelli started her culinary journey in her family’s kitchen. La Strega, meaning "witch" in Italian, is fueled by Marinelli's desire to captivate her guests and take them on a very personal adventure across Italy. Guests can expect menu items like steak tartare bruschetta; artichoke and fennel salad; calamarata seafood pasta; salsiccia pizza with fennel pesto; and veal chop milanese, served alongside an expertly curated wine and cocktail program. Those with a sweet tooth can enjoy a slice of homemade Italian coconut cake or other treats for dessert. Seasonal dishes will be incorporated into the menu throughout the year.
10. Emeril’s New Orleans Fish House at the MGM Grand is offering a $65 four-course Spring tasting menu. Menu highlights include tuna poke with yellowfin tuna, deviled potatoes with house-cured salmon egg mousse and ghost peppers Cajun caviar, San Juan Island pink scallops with housemate sausage, grilled petite gilet, pan-fried rainbow trout, crispy skin-on shrimp with soba noodles, pecan pie, Emeril’s banana cream pie or a cheese plate. Menu items subject to change. Optional wine pairing for $30.
11. Applebee’s is now offering Bigger, Bolder Grill Combos starting at only $12.99. Combos include a half rack of baby back ribs with spicy Texas BBQ or honey BBQ sauce and a 6 oz. USDA Select top sirloin; a half rack of baby back ribs with a grilled chicken breast with Fireball Whisky-infused sauce; crispy shrimp and grilled salmon with honey BBQ sauce; a grilled shrimp skewer and grilled chicken breast; and a grilled shrimp skewer, crispy shrimp and 6 oz. USDA Select top sirloin. Also, guest can enjoy all-you-can-eat riblets every Thursday for just $14.99.
12. Wine & Brews on April 29 at The District at Green Valley Ranch will benefit Spread the Word Nevada. Some of the participating restaurants include Bella Vita, Due & Proper, Elephant Bar Restaurant, King's Fish House, Me Gusta Tacos, Shake Shack and Whist Stove and Spirits. Tickets are $25 each.
13. The new Guacamole Crunch Charburger is available for a limited time at Habit Burger Restaurant. The award-winning Charburger is topped with a perfectly crisp tostada shell, house-made guacamole pico de gallo, melted cheese and a zesty, ancho chile lime sauce made in house. It's served on a toasted sesame seed bun with shredded lettuce, tomato and pickles. Cost is $4.99.
If you would like to submit an item for a future roundup of restaurant news, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.