Here is a list of 13 things to do around the valley for the week of Dec. 27 through Jan. 2:
1. Truffle Day on Dec. 27 at Eataly Las Vegas. White truffles for sale at the Chef’s Table or try the limited-edition Tartufi & Funghi menu at Mazo or add fresh white truffle to any dish at La Pizza e La Pasta.
2. Legendary band Night Ranger, known for “Sister Christian” and “When You Close Your Eyes,” on Dec. 27 at Golden Nugget.
3. Pop-up family-friendly event Dec. 28 at Lorenzi Park. Arts, crafts, sports, games and field-day activities. Led by Parks & Rec staff.
4. Astronomy stew challenge on Dec. 28 at Astronomy Aleworks. Prizes for best stews in several categories. Stew tickets with beer purchases.
5. Paint Your Pet of Dec. 28 at Wine and Canvas Las Vegas. Step-by-step instructions on how to create painting of your own pet. Everyone leaves with unique painting.
6. Maroon 5 bring the Red Pill Blues Tour to Mandalay Bay on Dec. 30. One of pop music’s most enduring artists.
7. New Year’s Eve pre-party on Dec. 31 at GameWorks. Buffet, hot chocolate bar, $15 game card for kids and balloon drop.
8. New Year’s Eve dinner on Dec. 31 at Locale Italian Kitchen. Tuna Crude, charred octopus, locale caprese, caviar spread, beef cheek ravioli, mushroom and truffle pizza, lamb argue, grass-fed filet, roasted chicken, lamb chops, steak and more.
9. Forever Young ‘80s prom at Sparrow + Wolf on Dec. 31. Live band, food, costume contest, totally tubular champagne toast at midnight.
10. New Year’s Eve party for family on Dec. 31 at Magical Forest. Rides and attractions, amazing fireworks show, Martinelli toast when the ball drops at 9 p.m.
11. Studio 54 Disco Party on Dec. 31 at Honey Salt. Four-course dinner, champagne welcome cocktail, guest DJ, giveaways and more.
12. New Year Recovery Brunch on Jan. 1 at Hamburger Mary’s. Buffet and drag show. Bottomless mimosa, Bloody Mary and sangria specials.
13. Dirty R&R show with The Cavemen from New Zealand, Three Saturday Knights from Reno, The Van Der Rohe from Las Vegas and Pete Slovenly and Louie the Letch. Jan. 2 at the Bunkhouse Saloon. Garage rock ’n’ roll.
BONUS EVENT FROM SPONSOR SOUTH POINT HOTEL-CASINO
Wes Winters will take over the Grandview Lounge at the South Point and get guests ready to kick off the New Year’s Eve celebration. Winters’ offers a memorable evening while guests enjoy an evening of smooth, lounge style jazz to welcome the New Year. Winters performs 5 to 7 p.m. Dec. 31. Admission is free.