Local News


Secret of Siam lawsuit filed by customer who says he got sick from THC-tainted curry

Secret Siam curry
Posted at 5:42 PM, Apr 01, 2022
and last updated 2022-04-01 21:43:59-04

LAS VEGAS (KTNV) — A man is seeking lost wages and medical expenses in a lawsuit filed against Secret of Siam in northwest Las Vegas after he says he got sick eating food tainted with THC.

"I love the restaurant and now that love has turned to hate. I hate to say that word, 'hate,' but they put me through a lot," said Gera Wade, not mincing words about his thoughts on the restaurant after eating there for years.

Wade says he got sick after eating the restaurant's curry and had to go to Centennial Hills Hospital multiple times.

RELATED: Secret of Siam reopens after weeks of closure during police, Health District investigations

"My whole body was numb. Tingling all over. Dry mouth, dry throat,” he said.

Wade spoke with Las Vegas Metropolitan Police and gave them a sample of curry which tested positive for THC, the active ingredient in marijuana. Now, he's seeking legal action.

"They put me through pain and agony for like a month. Out of work. Couldn't pay bills or anything and stuff like that,” he said.

13 Action News spoke with the current restaurant manager who apologized to customers when it reopened on Wednesday.

READ MORE: Secret of Siam investigation: Full coverage from 13 Action News

"I just want to say sorry that things happened,” Weera Buonnonna said.

But that's not enough for Wade. He's suing the restaurant, seeking money in lost wages and medical expenses.

He says it's all about getting justice, not just for himself but for other people who say they got sick, and holding the restaurant accountable, especially since no criminal charges are being filed.

"I want everybody to take responsibility. They smell their food and check it and stuff like that. You're giving these to people,” Wade said.

13 Action News reached out to the attorney for the restaurant but didn’t hear back by the deadline.