LAS VEGAS (KTNV) — The Clark County School District Board of School Trustees approved an amendment to the negotiated agreement with the Clark County Education Association covering the 2019-21 school years.
Changes to the agreement include:
- 3% adjustment for every employee in the bargaining unit with an adjustment on the current salary schedule. Effective dates will be on the first pay period of each covered employee's contract in the 2019-2020 school year.
- A step increase in each year of the contract (2019-2020 and 2020-2021) for every eligible employee of the bargaining unit. Effective dates will be on the first pay period of each covered employee's contract in each year.
- A 4% increase in both years in CCSD's contribution to monthly health insurance premiums.
- A column advancement for every employee of the bargaining unit who has completed their Professional Growth System (PGS) requirements of meeting the 225 contact units per Article 26 of the collective bargaining agreement for each year of the current contract. Effective dates of the column advancement will be the first pay period of each school year.
- The parties have agreed to form working groups to discuss a new PGS with a research-based system that improves teacher practice to improve student achievement.
Eligible employees will see the 3% pay increase, step increase, and column advancement no later than their Oct. 10 pay check. Applicable retroactive payments will be on the Oct. 24 paycheck. The fiscal impact of this Amendment to CCSD is approximately $124.5 million. To view documents related to the agreement, click here.
Trustees also approved a similar agreement with the Police Administrators Association of Clark County School District Police Department. To view documents related to the agreement, click here.