LAS VEGAS (KTNV) — Neighbors say they're concerned after a massive fire broke out at a potential drug house in west Las Vegas.
Police and fire responded Monday to a home near Lake South and Fort Apache Road as explosions were heard as the fire burned.
Police said narcotic investigators were looking into the case.
Neighbors say they believe this was a drug house because right after the fire broke out, the people who lived there took off.
Police say they've alerted hospitals to be on the lookout for anyone coming in with chemical burns.
But this incident has neighbors worried. Although there were two calls for suspicious activity within the past few months, for the most part, this was all happening right under neighbors' noses.
"It's scary because you just never know what could happen," one neighbor told 13 Action News.
We asked what you can do in a similar situation if you suspect a possible drug house in your neighborhood. Police offered a few suggestions:
- Organize a neighborhood watch
- If there is suspicious activity - make a note of the time it's happening
- Take note of license plates of cars
- Get detailed descriptions, that can make it easier for police crews to send plain-clothed officers to investigate the situation.
- You can also file a complaint with the City of Las Vegas' code enforcement division.