The Double Down Saloon was briefly closed this week due to a cockroach infestation.
The Southern Nevada Health District confirms that the popular bar was closed on Monday because of the infestation. It reopened early Tuesday afternoon after being reinspected and receiving a zero-demerit A grade.
The July 30 health report shows the saloon on Paradise and Harmon was shut down for an imminent health hazard during a routine inspection due to multi-generational German and American roaches.
There was also a large amount of roach feces on outlets and plugs near the three-compartment sink.
Conditions in the bar that welcomed the bugs include dilapidated and unsealed wooden walls and tile floors as well as holes in walls in the women's restroom and a large amount of dust and debris.
The Double Down told Action News it quickly fumigated and fixed the roach problem, adding that the humidity is hurting everybody.
Owner P Moss said it was a good thing this was caught because that let them get ahead of it and prevent a larger infestation. He says the saloon is scrubbed top to bottom every morning and they take a lot of pride in cleanliness.
The Double Down Saloon, which is known as Las Vegas' most famous dive bar, was established in 1992. It is known for live music, "ass juice" and bacon martinis.
Moss also owns Frank's Tiki Room on West Charleston and is an author.
The bar does not serve food but is located in a strip mall that also houses a marijuana dispensary, another bar, a smoke shop and former pizza joint.
Documents from the Southern Nevada Health District