LAS VEGAS (KTNV) — It's no secret, here in Southern Nevada, many people are struggling.
A report shows prices have had the largest yearly increase in over 40 years, and that prices were more than nine percent higher in June compared to a year ago.
This is worse than expected.
At KTNV we're following the impacts of inflation on Southern Nevadans both on-air, and online.
- Price inflation makes small businesses in the Las Vegas valley double their prices
- Inflation is taking a toll on our small local businesses. The cost for some foods has gone up significantly and it has made it more difficult to make some traditional holiday meals.
- Valentine's Day inflation impacts small businesses in Las Vegas valley
- Love is in the air but the price of flowers, candy and other romantic gifts is skyrocketing. Inflation is impacting the industry, and Las Vegas area business owners are having to offset their costs.
- Valley businesses deal with inflation and employee wages
- Las Vegas valley businesses are trying to keep up with inflation when it comes to employee wages.
- Inflation rates hit all time high since 1982. What experts say you could do to save money.
- The Bureau of Labor says this is the highest inflation to hit since 1982. Prices for groceries, gas, and other items surging compared to previous years.
- Mother's Day spending expected to break records amid inflation
- This year, Americans are spending more money on Mom. The National Retail Federation projects consumers will spend an average of $245 for Mother's Day, which is up $25 from last year's holiday.
- Downtown Las Vegas business owners urge local support amid planned minimum wage increase
- The minimum wage increases have been scheduled annually. Increases have been scheduled every July through 2024.
- Inflation rising faster than any time in 40 years
- Inflation has risen faster and lasted longer than the leaders of The Federal Reserve Expected, and, while the organization has moved toward fighting inflation beginning in March, consumers at small businesses like Aguilla Markets have been feeling the pinch of price increases for months.
- Las Vegas preschools forced to raise tuition costs to offset inflation
- Parents, already dealing with inflation, are facing another rising cost: child care.
- Inflation impacting Las Vegas barbers with rising cost of products
- Inflation is making it tough on everybody's wallet. Owners of one local barbershop say they've been forced to increase their prices.