Local News


Fire crews respond after roof workers spark house fire

Posted at 4:29 PM, Oct 15, 2016
and last updated 2016-10-16 19:19:19-04
Las Vegas Fire & Rescue responded after an AC unit caught fire at a home on 5908 Idle Avenue.
The fire on Saturday afternoon was concentrated in the attic area. Fire crews were able to put out the flames by 3:35 p.m.
An investigation revealed that the fire was accidentally started by workers who were using a torch while repairing the roof of the home. High winds intensified the blaze.
The American Red Cross is assisting seven children and two adults who were displaced by the fire. No injuries were reported. Damages were estimated at $75,000.