Local NewsCrime


UPDATE: Man allegedly shoots roommate because he wouldn't leave him alone, according to report

Posted at 11:46 AM, Apr 24, 2018
and last updated 2018-04-25 19:58:23-04

UPDATE APRIL 25: A man allegedly shot his roommate because the man would not leave him alone, according to an arrest report.

Tuan Ngo called his roommate after he shot their other roommate. The surviving roommate called 911.

Dispatch also received a call from Ngo, who said, “I hurt somebody, I want to move out and he won’t leave me alone.”

After police arrived and took Ngo into custody, he told police that he shot the man in the backyard. 

When Ngo was interviewed at police headquarters, he told detectives that he had lived at the residence for about 4 months and the man who was killed moved in about 1 1/2 months ago. Ngo said he was moving out because of problems with this roommate.

About two weeks before the shooting, Ngo told police he pointed a gun at the roommate and told him to go away. 

The day of the shooting, Ngo told police after he got up, his roommate started yelling at him. Ngo then went outside to avoid the roommate, who followed him.

According to the arrest report, Ngo fired one round from the gun into the air to try to scare the roommate away. Ngo said the roommate got even closer to him and told Ngo to “go ahead and shoot” him. That is when Ngo said he hit the other man in the side of the head with the gun and the gun went off.

Ngo told police he didn’t mean to shoot his roommate and “he just wanted to be left alone and that he had enough.” 


Officers found a man suffering from a gunshot wound in the backyard of a home in the 9700 block of Powell Plateau Court near Hacienda Avenue and Fort Apache Road around 10:38 a.m. on April 23.

INTERACTIVE MAP: Murders investigated in the Las Vegas valley in 2018

The homicide section’s investigation revealed that 49-year-old Tuan Ngo and his roommate got into an argument in the backyard.  During the incident, police said Ngo pulled out his handgun and fired into the air to intimidate his roommate.

A scuffle then took place and the gun discharged, striking the Ngo's roommate.

The roommate was transported to UMC Trauma after being found by police but was later pronounced dead.

Ngo was taken into custody by police and transported to the Clark County Detention Center where he faces one count of murder with a deadly weapon.