LAS VEGAS (KTNV) — A 27-year-old man is jailed for open murder after police say he killed both his parents in an east Las Vegas home on Saturday.
According to information from the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department, dispatchers received a 911 call at 11:28 p.m. on Saturday from a man who told them "he had just killed someone and wanted to harm himself."
Dispatchers were able to trace the call to the 6400 block of New Brunswick Avenue, in the area of Washington Avenue and Sloan Lane.
While officers were driving to that location, police say the man called again from the area of Stewart Avenue and North Fogg Street. There, police took 27-year-old Adrian Bailey into custody.
When officers arrived at the home where the initial call had been traced, they found an adult man and woman with blunt force injuries. Police say the man was declared dead at the scene. The woman was taken to an area hospital where she, too, was pronounced dead from her injuries.
LVMPD Homicide detectives were summoned and, through their preliminary investigation, determined that Bailey had "struck his mother and father with an unknown object before leaving the residence."
Authorities later determined that a metal baseball bat was the weapon used during the murder, according to an arrest report obtained by Channel 13.
Bailey was taken to the Clark County Detention Center and booked into jail for two counts of open murder with a deadly weapon, police said.
Police are urging anyone with information that could help this investigation to contact LVMPD's Homicide Section at 702-828-3521. Those who wish to remain anonymous can call Crime Stoppers at 702-385-5555 or leave a tip online at crimestoppersofnv.com.
-
Additional suspect arrested in Piero's restaurant bombing
The Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department has announced the arrest of an additional suspect involved in the bombing at Piero's restaurant in 2025.
Las Vegas police officer behind bars amid allegations of escalating threats
Jason De La Garrigue, 47, was booked into the Clark County Detention Center for eight counts of aggravated stalking and is being held on a $1 million bond.
Search underway for suspect in sexual assault on UNLV campus in Las Vegas
University police and the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department are said to be working in "lockstep" to find the suspect in a reported sexual assault on the UNLV campus. Shellye Leggett reports.
Search underway for suspect in sexual assault on UNLV campus in Las Vegas
According to the University Police Department, the assault was reported "in the early morning hours" of Tuesday, April 14, on the north end of the UNLV Maryland campus.