LAS VEGAS (KTNV) — An 18-year-old is jailed in connection with a fatal shooting in northwest Las Vegas, Channel 13 has learned.
Jail records show Miles Spivey was booked into the Clark County Detention Center, where he is being held on 13 charges.
The Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department previously announced it was searching for suspects after a husband and wife were shot during an "undetermined type of transaction" on March 30. This happened at an apartment complex in the 5800 block of Sky Pointe Drive, near Ann Road and Tenaya Way.
Lt. Robert Price said a woman called 911 to report she and her husband had been shot. She was taken to UMC and treated for non-life-threatening injuries, police said. Her husband, since identified as 30-year-old Deven Mays, of Henderson, was pronounced dead at the scene. The Clark County coroner determined Mays died from a gunshot wound to the back.
Watch the initial police briefing with LVMPD Lt. Robert Price:
"It appears the husband and wife came to this apartment complex to meet up with some individuals for an undetermined type of transaction," Price said. At some point during the encounter, police said a group of people, described only as men wearing dark clothing, pulled out guns and fired at the couple's car.
As of Monday morning, Spivey is jailed on the following charges:
- open murder with a deadly weapon
- robbery with a deadly weapon
- conspiracy to commit robbery
- three counts of kidnapping with a deadly weapon
- four counts of discharging a gun into an occupied structure or vehicle
- two counts of attempted murder with a deadly weapon
- child abuse or neglect
Police have not said how many suspects they are looking for, and it's not clear as of this report whether additional arrests are expected.
-
COURT HEARING: Suspect in fatal Smith's shooting enters not guilty plea, held without bail
In court Monday morning, Judge Amy Wilson said that Estrada created extreme danger not only to the victims but to the public with his actions.
Suspect in fatal Smith's shooting enters not guilty plea, held without bail
Alejandro Estrada is facing multiple charges, including open murder with a deadly weapon, eight counts of discharging a gun within a structure and aggravated stalking.
Suspect identified in shooting that led to school lockdowns in North Las Vegas
Jallel Jenkins-Harris will face charges including two counts of attempted murder with a deadly weapon, robbery with a deadly weapon, and assault on a protected person with a deadly weapon
More than 900 items valued at $418K seized by Las Vegas police retail crime team
Police say the investigation ultimately led to the arrest of 49-year-old Roberto Fuentes, who investigators claim would purchase stolen goods and then resell them through different online platforms.