LAS VEGAS (KTNV) — The Mirage hotel-casino on the Las Vegas Strip will be closed from Monday through Wednesday beginning Jan. 4, according to a company spokesperson.
A representative from MGM Resorts tells 13 Action News the midweek closure is due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the company does not anticipate the restricted operations to last past February, however, it will continue to reevaluate the situation.
Last month the company announced its hotel tower operations would be closed midweek and said that it did not expect those closures to last through December. Monday's announcement extends the closures to all other amenities at the Mirage.
13 Action News financial analyst Steve Budin said if visitation numbers don't increase, we could see more hotels following suit.
"All the casinos will analyze the data and if visitation numbers don't improve, I can see them closing as well," Budin said.
Read the full statement regarding Mirage hotel-casino sent on Dec. 21 below:
With weekday business levels remaining low due to COVID-19 and the restrictions on group gatherings, we have made the decision to temporarily close The Mirage Monday - Wednesday, effective January 4, 2021. This closure will include the casino, hotel and restaurants, in addition to all other amenities. While we do not currently expect the mid-week closure to remain in effect past February, we will continue evaluating how long The Mirage’s mid-week hotel closure will remain in effect.