The Clark County School District (CCSD) will be entering Phase 2 of reopening CCSD on June 8 now that the governor has moved the state to the next phase of the Road to Recovery reopening plan.
While all schools will remain closed for students, the main offices in our school buildings and other facilities will be staffed at appropriate ratios to increase the level of responsiveness to our families, community and stakeholders while maintaining strict adherence to social distancing and workplace safety requirements.
During Phase 2, CCSD facilities and offices will begin to increase their interactions with the public. However, the vast majority of our work will continue to be done online and by telephone.
While buildings may be accessible to visitors by appointment, only when necessary, the appointments in Phase 2 will be the exception, not the rule.
In addition to the above guidance, CCSD will utilize the following additional recommendations during Phase 2:
- Where feasible and aligned to business operations, CCSD employees can be allowed to continue with telecommuting (working from home) and should be advised of the ability to continue such practices by their supervisor.
- In Phase 2, the recommended group size is less than fifty people (<50).
- At this time, CCSD is not implementing any recommended venue capacity percent.
- While in Phase 2, district work-related and student travel remains restricted; any requirements related to returning from personal travel have been lifted.
- At this time, as stated in the governor’s press release, youth sports, including school sports and activities are not allowed to re-open. Neither are school facilities open to any in-person instruction or coaching.
The entire CCSD Phased Reopening Plan can be found at the following link here.