Local News

Actions

Bathroom ceiling fan leads to apartment fire

KTNV-Default-Image_1280x720.png
Posted at 1:44 PM, Dec 06, 2015
and last updated 2015-12-06 16:44:55-05

Three adults and two dogs are displaced Sunday after a bathroom ceiling fan fire spread to the attic.

The fire was reported around 11:40 a.m. in the 5100 block of Golden Lane, near Reno Avenue and Maryland Parkway. Firefighters had to remove the ceiling fan to gain access to the fire in the attic. They also cut a hole into the roof. The fire was then contained to the bathroom and the attic above.

There is no damage estimate for the fire.

The American Red Cross is assisting the displaced residents.

There were no reported injuries.