LAS VEGAS (AP) — Fire crews were able to repair an ammonia leak at a Las Vegas food processing plant before it turned into a more serious incident.
Las Vegas Fire & Rescue officials said in a news release they received several 9-1-1 calls Saturday shortly before 10 p.m. about an odor coming from the downtown processing plant.
A hazardous materials response team, along with Desert Gold Food Company technicians, responded. While the odor was gone, they did find a source of a leak.
Fire officials say there were no injuries and the leak was fixed relatively quickly. The plant was closed at the time reports started coming in. A few nearby businesses were evacuated as a precaution.
Desert Gold Food Company is a local food service distributor.