LAS VEGAS (KTNV) — Pave-A-Palooza continues this weekend with closures on the I-15 northbound.
Between 10 p.m. June 14 and 5 a.m. June 17, northbound I-15 will be closed between Sahara Avenue and D Street.
Crews are applying a special crumb rubber asphalt mix, incorporating shredded tires for a smoother, quieter ride, according to the Nevada Department of Transportation. The recycled tire material also lasts twice as long as traditional asphalt pavement while creating a better fraction surface during adverse weather conditions.
The following ramps will also be closed:
From 8 p.m. on Friday, June 14 to 6 a.m. on Monday, June 17:
- Sahara Ave on-ramp to I-15 northbound
- Charleston Blvd on-ramp to I-15 northbound
- Neon Gateway HOV on-ramp to I-15 northbound
- MLK Blvd on-ramp to I-15 northbound
- MLK Blvd on-ramp to US 95 northbound
From 9 p.m. on Friday, June 14 to 6 a.m. on Monday, June 17:
- US 95 southbound to I-15 northbound
From 10 p.m. on Friday, June 14 to 5 a.m. on Monday, June 17:
- I-15 northbound to US 95 northbound
- I-15 northbound to US 95 southbound
- HOV flyover from I-15 northbound to US 95 northbound
Drivers are strongly encouraged to use alternate routes during this closure.
The 215 Beltway and US 95 are good options to avoid the closure.
To access US 95 northbound, consider north/south streets west of I-15. To access US 95 southbound, consider north/south streets east of I-15.
NDOT works with the Waze app to inform the public about construction and suggested detours.
Project Neon is 96 percent finish with substantial completion scheduled by mid-July.
For additional information visit NDOTProjectNeon.com.