The Venetian and The Palazzo hotel-casinos will be lights out Saturday in support of Earth Hour.
Starting at 8:30 p.m., exterior lights will be turned off for one hour at both properties.
It marks the eighth year in a row of Las Vegas Sands participation in the worldwide environmental campaign, which has a goal of raising global awareness of climate change by encouraging eco-conscious individuals, communities, households and businesses to switch off their lights for one hour.
In the week leading up to Earth Hour, The Venetian and The Palazzo will incorporate the global I Will If You Will challenge to engage team members across both properties to take action on climate change.
The challenge activities for team members are:
- Turning off the lights at home during Earth Hour 2016
- Taking public transportation, carpooling, biking or walking to work
- Adjusting air conditioning thermostats at home
- Changing out an incandescent or compact fluorescent light bulb at home for an energy-efficient LED bulb
- Washing clothes in cold water
- Taking an educational sustainability quiz
- Unplugging electronics or appliances while not in use
- Submitting a workplace- or business-related green idea to the company
Team members can take multiple challenges and repeat single challenges as many times as possible during the campaign period now through March 19. Those who participate have the chance to win prizes like an Apple Watch, a Fitbit or a Go Pro camera.