Young artists in Clark County are invited to celebrate Earth Day with the Regional Transportation Commission of Southern Nevada (RTC) by taking part in its 8th annual Earth Day art contest.
The contest runs in promotion of the RTC's "quicker, cleaner, greener" sustainable initiative by promoting images of transit, bicycling, walking and carpooling on their public transportation vehicles.
In partnership with Vector Media, students in grades 6-12 will compete to have their artwork featured on a public transportation vehicle for up to a year.
According to a press release from the RTC, participants should abide by the following guidelines:
- Artwork should have a message related to Earth Day and sustainable transportation
- Candidates must be 6th through 12th graders and residents of Clark County
- Artwork must be in a horizontal format on 11-by-17-inch paper
- Artwork must be colorful. No black and white; no photography; no glitter
- Markers, colored pencils and paint are acceptable media
- Artwork must be original in concept and not violate U.S. copyright law
Entry forms must be securely affixed to the back of the artwork and submitted to the RTC on or before 5 p.m. Thursday, April 21. Submissions should be delivered to the RTC, Attention: Laura Coronado, 600 S. Grand Central Parkway, Suite 300, Las Vegas, NV, 89106. Artwork may be rolled up but cannot be folded.
For further information, contact Laura Coronado, RTC Public Affairs Administrator at 702-676-1743 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.