LAS VEGAS (KTNV) — Joe Conway, co-CEO of Carroll Shelby International and CEO of Shelby American, has unveiled a custom 2008 Ford Shelby GT500 that was created as a rolling showcase for the company’s Shelby Performance Division (SPP).
The one-off muscle car was commissioned by the Clark family of Whitewright, Texas, and it arrived just in time for their 57th wedding anniversary.
Beginning with the Clark’s low mileage fastback, Shelby American updated the car’s styling and capabilities to give it more performance and visual panache.
The custom Shelby GT500 boasts new matched components that include:
· Shelby Super Snake hood with painted stripes
· Quarter panel scoops
· Shelby wheels with Michelin Pilot Sport tires
· Sequential taillights
· Custom Shelby interior
· Custom one-off badges
· Carbon Fiber front splitter and rockers
· Supercharger pulley and tune that boosted the V8 to 520 horsepower
· Shelby high flow exhaust for a more aggressive sound
· Upgraded Shelby Super Snake suspension
Shelby American completed the car and delivered it to Whitewright in early mid-December, just in time for the Clark’s 57th anniversary.
The Shelby and its modifications will be noted in the official Shelby American Registry.
Shelby American is located on Ensworth Street in Las Vegas and its retail store and museum are open to the public. You can find out more about them by visiting their website.