The City of Henderson encourages residents to give their holiday trees a new lease on life through recycling.
From December 26, 2015, through January 14, 2016, residents can drop off their live holiday trees during regular park hours at eight Henderson locations:
· Acacia Park, 50 Casa del Fuego St.
· Anthem Hills Park, 2256 N. Reunion Dr.
· Arroyo Grande Sports Complex, 298 Arroyo Grande Blvd.
· Henderson Multigenerational Center, 250 E. Green Valley Pkwy.
· Mission Hills Park, 551 E. Mission Dr.
· Morrell Park, 500 Harris St.
· Pecos Legacy Park, 150 Pecos Rd.
· Whitney Ranch Recreation Center, 1575 Galleria Dr.
Participants are asked to remove all non-organic material from their trees, including lights, ornaments, wires, tinsel and nails. These items cannot be recycled and could damage chipping equipment. Flocked and artificial trees cannot be recycled.
The City of Henderson Public Works, Parks and Recreation Department will chip the trees into mulch. The mulch will be used in parks and landscaping around Henderson municipal buildings, and made available for free to residents at Pecos Legacy Park, 150 Pecos Rd. and Acacia Demonstration Gardens, 50 Casa del Fuego St. Participants should bring their own shovel and container.
The number of live holiday trees recycled by the Henderson community has more than doubled in the seven years the city has offered the program, from 1,734 trees in 2008 to 4,249 trees in 2014.
For additional information, call 702-267-4000 or click here.