With racial equality being a hot-button issue in 2020 and Hispanic Heritage Month in full swing, the personal-finance website WalletHub released its report on 2020’s Most & Least Diverse States in America.
The new study ranks Nevada as 9th most diverse state in America.
To determine where the most idea and identity exchanges have occurred at the highest level in the U.S. — and where the population is relatively more homogeneous — WalletHub compared the 50 states across six key categories: socio-economic, cultural, economic, household, religious and political diversity.
Diversity in Nevada (1=Most Diverse, 25=Avg.):
- 27th – Income Diversity
- 3rd – Racial & Ethnic Diversity
- 6th – Linguistic Diversity
- 1st – Birthplace Diversity
- 10th – Occupational Diversity*
- 4th – Marital-Status Diversity
- 29th – Generational Diversity
- 4th – Household-Type Diversity
- 7th – Household-Size Diversity
*Includes civilian employed population aged 16 and older.
For the full report, click here.